I love this super simple zingy breakfast pot! It takes no time to prepare and provides a balanced, nutrient rich start to your day which should wave good bye to any mid morning energy slumps.
*For those on a low carb diet, use The Paleo Foods Co Granola which is made with nuts and no grains.
Ingredients: Serves One
4 tablespoons of Chia Seeds (soaked for 15 mins).
250g Natural 0% Fat Fage Greek Yogurt.
Granola (I love Dorset Cereals honey granola and The Paleo Foods Co granola).
Apple (Try to avoid pink ladies since they are highest in sugar).
1 tablespoon of Flaked Almonds
1 tablespoon of Flaked Coconuts
1.Soak the chia seeds in water (or coconut water if you want a fuller flavour) for about 15 minutes to allow them to absorb liquid and expand.
2. Meanwhile, grate an apple and squeeze some lime juice over it then stir all but one tablespoon into the yogurt with the almonds and coconut.
3. Once the chia seeds have expanded, spoon them into a jar. This layer should be approx 2 cm in height.
4. Sprinkle the granola on top of the chia seed layer. This layer should also be about 2cm in height.
5. Spoon the yogurt mixture over the granola. This should be about 4-5cm in height.
6. Finally, get the remaining grated apple and place it on the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
EAT AND ENJOY!