The change of seasons can wreak havoc with your skin. For me, whenever the weather changes my skin becomes dry, dull and devoid of life. So what to do? When it comes to facials – or any skincare lotions and potions, routines and regimes – I’ve always been skeptical. How far do the products really penetrate? And can they really make a difference when your skin is constantly shedding and renewing? Furthermore, in the past I’ve always felt disappointed with the results from the supposedly “miracle/life changing/totally transformative” (etc) facials that also promise to last months… I think the best results my face has ever manifested is a more radiant and hydrated complexion for up to 5 – 7 days after. And this credit goes to my skin guru, Dr David Jack – my one and only trusted advisor when it comes to what actually works in the facial/skincare arena. And now too – to this vitamin C peel available at London Premier Laser.
So let’s face it (ha) – santa ain’t real and neither are the “miracle facials” (unless you know an excellent surgeon)… But if you want to improve the look of your skin then happily, there are products and procedures that do assist. This is where the Vitamin C peel comes in. Here’s what you need to know:
- It takes less than 30 minutes.
- Dry, dull skin instantly feels supple, soft, hydrated and yes – luminous.
- Applying Vitamin C to the skin is 20 times more effective than ingesting it orally. When applied topically, Vitamin C provides skin rejuvenation by improving collagen synthesis, lightening pigmentation and protecting cells from free radical damage.
- The procedure also penetrates the deep levels of the skin as well as the surface layers to break down congestion and debris from your pores, boosting the skins natural renewal process.
- It is a comfortable, relaxing and rejuvenating treatment with virtually no downtime
- My results lasted 5-7 days.
This facial is great for so many reasons but it’s the most effective and painless I’ve ever had. It doesn’t promise the world but delivers great results. If you’re short on time too this booster will be worth the 30-minute investment, trust me. For optimal results, I’ve been advised to go every fortnight so that’s what I’m going to do for the next few months. I’ll give you my honest opinion on whether this actually produces better results or if it’s simply a way for a clinic to get the extra cash. Stay tuned.